A beard by any other name... would probably look just as awesome.

Friday, February 12, 2010

I have a thing for beards, and when I say “thing” I mean overwhelming animal magnetism that makes me go weak in the knees when one of these slightly geeky yet extremely confident unicorns pass my way. I’m in my Rex Harrison circa The Ghost and Mrs Muir phase. Point me in the direction of a person who doesn’t rate him as a dead sea captain and I’ll gladly give them what for.
There’s been a huge surge in bearded boys in recent times, and I’ve made it my mission to help others appreciate them as much as I do. In my studies I have found there is a “type” that will grow a beard: the arty-indie-ridiculously goodlooking-surfie-skater guy. I’m pretty sure most of them read
Monster Children and really enjoy street art. I think I’ll need to investigate this further.
One local bearded unicorn is designer Sam Elsom. Not only are his clothes ethically sound, he looks extremely sexy whilst creating the perfect pair of jeans.
Also, if you’re in the mood for beards and can get your hands on a copy of
Monster Children seventeen- you’ll find one of my favourite articles by Adam Blakey on three amazingly talented (beard toting) artists- Alex Kopps, Jeff Canham and Andy Davis. Dig it.
Photo: Danielle Smith

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger