Vinyl.

Sunday, June 27, 2010



I loved Anooke's post yesterday. It reminded me of days gone by, and the significants of our parents record collection. The record player was a central part of our lives growing up. It gave us a 'musical' education and influenced our music tastes. Most of my childhood memories have those records as a soundtrack.
Whenever we were going somewhere, Dad would always be ready first. He would choose records and play a few tracks really loud as we were about to leave. I don't know if it was to hurry us along, or because he wanted to fill in time, but I can still see him standing in front of the player, record in hand.
That collection introduced me to the wonderful sounds of Edith Piaf, Sam Cooke, The Wanderer's Soundtrack, Dixieland Jazz, Swan Lake, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Simon & Garfunkel, Jethro Tull, Paul Kelly, Van Morrison and so many more. Thank you Mum and Dad.
Photos by Anooke

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger