Festive Days.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013


It's my favourite time of year. I love getting ready for Christmas. My days have been filled with Christmas craft, Christmas tunes, Christmas lunches and Christmas cleaning (in between looking after my children).
This year I have wrapped my gifts in black, white and brown paper with pops of colour. I recycled a Country Road catalogue, cutting it into circles and stitching them together to make garlands, and made stars out of sticks and embroidery thread.
My favourite craft this year has been making decorations out of Cornflour Dough (recipe below). So cheap and so easy!
Now for some Christmas baking, if Elke will sleep long enough!

Cornflour Dough
1 cup cornflour
2 cups bicarbonate soda
1 1/4 cups water

Mix ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until the mixture looks like mashed potato. Turn into a bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let it cool and then you can knead and roll out the dough to cut. Air dry overnight.
I used a felt tip pen and pages from a damaged old book to make my decorations look pretty.



2 comments:

  1. They are about the most beautifully wrapped presents I have ever seen!! Those Ornaments are pretty amazing too! I hope you are enjoying being a mama of two:) Have a lovely christmas with your sweet family x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're very kind. I hope you have a lovely Christmas too! x

      Delete

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger