Delicious gluten free banana and coconut cake.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014


It's been too hot here lately for any baking, so on this cooler, wet day I thought I'd get reacquainted with my oven and make something yummy for morning tea. I found a recipe for a banana and coconut cake on Pinterest and adjusted it to suit the ingredients in my pantry. The result was one damn fine, gluten free cake. Yum.

Gluten Free Banana and Coconut Cake
1 1/2 cups of gluten free self raising flour (I used Aldi's 'Has No...' SR flour)
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup apple puree (I cut and steamed two apples and then pureed them)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large bananas, mashed
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Preheat your oven to 190˙C and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Combine the dry ingredients, except the sugar, in a bowl and set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and apple puree until combined. Mash the bananas with a fork and mix into the wet ingredients. Add the coconut. Mix the dry ingredients bit by bit into the wet ingredients until just combined. Pour the mix into your lined tin and bake for about 50-60 minutes. Check on it after 40 mins (my oven can be slow). If the top is browning too quickly, cover it in foil.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger