An unexpected ferry ride.

Thursday, July 15, 2010






Anooke and Mum invited me on a trip to see part of the 17th Biennale of Sydney on Monday. All I really knew was that we were heading to the MCA, I didn't know much about this years festival so assumed we would go to the museum and that would be that. I was wrong. We ended up on a ferry to Cockatoo Island. It was a crisp Sydney morning and I had foolishly left my jacket at home. The view of the harbour was delightful, but as we huddled together on that ferry to keep warm the trip seemed to take forever. At one point Anooke said 'can't they just hurry up and park this bad boy'.
We finally got to the very creepy island and wandered around to see the different films, sculptures and installations. I was impressed by some pieces, but others had me saying 'really?' and 'are you for real?'. Maybe I just don't understand modern art.
I loved some of the old buildings and architectural detail on the island – you know me, I'm a sucker for typography on buildings!
All in all we had a lovely day that finished with a trip to Black Star Pastry. It was an adventure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger