Drive.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

"You give me a time and a place, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own. Do you understand?"
I have never felt more anxious watching a movie. At one point the anticipation was so much that I felt physically ill. I was sitting on the edge of my seat saying 'I can't take it'.
It's a dark and brooding movie and you're never at ease while watching it. Ryan Gosling is of course glorious. On one hand I was worried about his character, and on the other I was totally freaked out by him.
If you love a good indie thriller this movie is for you. Don't expect a lot of talking though.
I loved the way it was made and the weird sort of 80s vibe the titles and music had.
*Mum, this movie isn't for you – there's a scene involving a hammer that I don't think you'd enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger