Am I really a grown up?

Saturday, July 2, 2011

I'm almost 30 but don't feel a day over 18. I know more now than I did then, but I still feel the same.
I've never been one of those people concerned with age. Getting older just happens and that's the way things are. But as the months creep closer to my 30th birthday, age seems to be on my mind. I've started to notice little wrinkles around my eyes, I've started to feel out of place at clothing shops I've frequented for years and I have a baby seat in my car.
The other week I went into the office next door to mine, and the receptionist said (referring to me) 'The lady from next door's here'. I almost turned around to look at the person standing behind me, and then realised she was talking about me. I was shocked. Since when had I been a 'lady' and not a girl. I think I was actually offended. I laughed later, but at the time I was secretly gob-smacked. Me, a 'lady'?
Sometimes I feel like a kid playing house. We bought saucepans today and I turned to my husband and said 'I feel like a real adult'. Maybe when I'm 40 I'll be a real adult?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger