Arthritis Awareness Week. 29 March - 4 April 2009.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I am one of the estimated 3.0 million Australians who suffer from arthritis. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis nine years ago. I was almost 19. When I first got sick I joked with my Dad about the possibility of having arthritis, we both laughed because we thought it was an 'old peoples' disease. We were wrong. One in four people in Australia with arthritis are under 50.
Arthritis has had a huge impact on my life and the way I live, but with the help of some medication and a positive attitude, I'm still able to do the things I love without too much trouble. I even won my indoor soccer grand final a couple of years ago!
Arthritis is very common (I'm sure we all know of someone who has it) and it's not just something you get when you're old.
Photo: 'Where you can breathe' by Alicia Bock. Alicia's beautiful work can be found here. I just love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger