Doodle me happy.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm a doodler. I think I get it from my mum. I doodle when I'm on the phone, in meetings, watching TV, waiting for something, plain bored, nervous or when I just feel like it. What can I say, I love to doodle. Some of my doodles are just little scribbles on note paper and some are 'serious' doodles that start and then turn into hour long pieces I want to frame or turn into cards.
I got in trouble for doodling in year 12 English once, even though I was listening and focused. My teacher doubted this. Anyway, I came across an article about doodling as I was signing out of my Hotmail account – here's what it claims:
"Do you doodle while you're on the phone? And you think you're not paying attention? Science seems to think otherwise, the UK's Daily Mail reports.
A study undertaken in England observed 40 people listening to a boring phone message about party plans. The message included guests who were attending as well as those who were not, place names, times and other dull information.
Around half of those who took part in the study were doodlers and they had written down names while listening to the message. The doodlers were able to remember a third more of the party goers, as well as place names than those who did not put pen to paper while listening to the message.
Far from being a sign of inattention, doodling is thought to help us persevere with dull tasks, according to the full report to be published in the Applied Cognitive Psychology journal..."
Article source: FHM (never thought I'd be quoting FHM!)
Doodle by Zee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger