Mrs Prior.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I love old signage. There was a fantastic old sewing machine shop near my house and I kept meaning to take a photo of the old Singer sign out the front but never got around to it. Anyway, over Christmas the shop closed and that was that. I felt really sad that I hadn't been able to capture it's fantastic look.
After the Singer shop closed, I went out with my camera to make sure I had photos of all the old little shops I know and love. This photo is of an old baby ware shop near my work. It has been empty for a long time but still has it's original signage. I just love it! The typography is beautiful. I have a feeling it may not be there much longer after having had it's window broken a few weeks ago.

1 comments:

  1. this old type is so beautiful, I wish all shops were like this. I am not a fan of the modern high street!. thanks for featuring me : )

    ReplyDelete

Z All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger